Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bloom wins Microsoft's Imagine Cup 2011!

I've never been more proud of working in a team environment than I have been when working with the Bloom crew. Every step that we've taken has been to achieve the goal of ensuring environmental sustainability. Having been granted 1st place in Microsoft's Imagine Cup under the Game Design for Windows | X-Box (XNA) has been a real humbling experience. During the event, we were surrounded by such talented and inspiring people who shared their thoughts and ideas on how they could help change and shape the world.

The icing on the cake was winning the People's Choice Award. Not only were we acknowledged for having such a great and inspirational idea from the judges and Microsoft, the people of the nation supported our project as well. This year was the highest amount of votes received for the People's Choice Award, and Bloom is very happy to be taking it home.

If winning these two great awards was simply not enough, Andrew Parsons informed Bloom that we will be joining the next round of contestants in the Worldwide competition as well. I am personally elated wit the decision, and driven to continue to work on this project.

So I was asked quite a bit; what plans do I have for the future? It's always a hard thing to answer for me. I don't have plans for the future; I just want to make a difference in this world. I want to make sure that my future means something. I know the rest of the team feels the same way, and we hope that you continue to encourage us on our journey moving forward.

No matter what the future holds, Bloom is going to continue to inspire change.

- Andrew N. Zurek

2 comments:

  1. On to New York! Go get 'em, Team Bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the pleasure of viewing your award winning game yesterday at Tribeca Flash Point. I thought it was outstanding!

    I've been working on environmental issues for years. As such, I am involved with several organizations and my husband and I have a nascent not for profit working on urban food deserts along with Fresh Moves and Aerotecture I wanted to share our website with you, www.bronzevillebud.org. We would like to talk with you about showcasing the game at green events.

    ReplyDelete